Installation and removal of glow plugs
Observe the following steps during installation:
- Removal of a glow plug should take place with the engine at operating temperature, insofar as possible.
- Carefully loosen the glow plug.
- Remove any encrustations and soiling with compressed air.
- Unscrew the old glow plug.
- Remove any residue in the area of the glow plug bore - with a reamer, if necessary.
- Screw the glow plug in as far as it goes by hand.
- Set the torque wrench to the correct tightening torque.
- Place the nut of the torque wrench straight onto the tightening nut of the glow plug and tighten it.